Enea garden design
Brooklyn, New York, USALocation:
Thu 14 Apr ’22Posted on:
ABOUT ENEA GARDEN DESIGN
Enea Garden Design is an international company based in Rapperswil-Jona, Miami and New York. We exist to improve the quality of life around the world by providing bespoke landscapes for everyone. Our focus on designing and documenting the custom projects we participate in is made possible by the exceptional standards and dedication of our team that drives the organization forward. At Enea, each team member is valued and plays a critical role in the success of all other team members, as well as our overall mission. Therefore, we are committed to recruiting only the best and the brightest who are thrilled to take on the challenge.
MIAMI and NEW YORK offices are looking for a creative, collaborative and passionate designer who excels in a fast-paced work environment to join the team. The ideal candidate will work alongside a team of landscape architects to provide our clients with the award-winning services they have come to expect from our firm.
- 8+ years of experience under the guidance of a licensed landscape architect is required
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program
- Relative experience in high-end residential design; additional experience in large-scale developments and condominium developments is a plus
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership in project development processes from concept through construction administration, including the technical aspects inherent in successful projects
- Ability to translate conceptual design into construction drawings and details independently
- Experience coordinating projects as a contributing member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated production of presentation-quality graphics and renderings
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with team members and customers
- Working knowledge of Florida plant materials desirable
- Excellent graphic communication skills and familiarity with design software (AutoCAD; Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Office; Sketchup (preferred))
- Thorough knowledge of construction products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Strong visual awareness and attention to detail, including demonstrated production of presentation quality graphics and renderings
- Interest and ability to engage in mentoring and career guidance of junior staff
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently coordinates team and project activities by creating schedules, setting priorities, and directing the work of other designers
- Know and clearly understand the proposal and scope of each project
- Maintain records, prepare reports and draft work-related correspondence
- Independently plans, organizes and supervises the development and preparation of landscaping drawings, specifications, etc.
- Review and make recommendations regarding architecture and landscape design. Ability to provide design solutions in a creative and timely manner
- Review shop drawings to ensure they are accurate and conform to approved plans and specifications
- Interpret landscaping plans, specifications, and local codes and regulations related to the work
- Oversees and conducts field inspections prior to the finalization of landscaping plans and as landscaping projects progress to determine compliance with regulations and specifications;
- Provides landscape architecture planning and design documents, including presentation graphics, construction documents and construction specifications
- Supervises, coordinates and presents detailed plans and working drawings, including requisitions, construction details and project specifications
- Performs preliminary site analysis (inventory and analysis, including existing vegetation, slopes, soil, buildings, roads)
- Plant selection and tree labeling
- Contact and coordination with manufacturers and suppliers
- Attend meetings with clients and other professionals for coordination purposes
- Maintain project workflow organization including managing CAD standards, preparing meeting minutes and maintaining project file structure
- Meet budgets and deadlines
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Observe construction sites and ensure that design and quality are respected
- Demonstrate an interest and ability to engage in mentoring and career guidance of junior staff
- Demonstrate leadership to foster a positive motivational experience for design staff
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
At Enea, we value our team members as real-life individuals, in and out of the workplace. So we want to make sure they have the resources they need to stay healthy and happy.
Top notch medical benefits:
We offer industry-leading medical, dental and vision insurance plans, as well as disability and life insurance benefits. Having peace of mind about our health and safety allows us to focus on what matters.
Investing in the future:
We care about the future of our team members and like to put our money where our mouth is. We offer a comprehensive 401(k) plan with business matching.
An environment that works:
We believe in the beauty of our environment and its impact on our well-being and productivity, so we pride ourselves on providing a modern, clean and beautiful workspace to enjoy every day.
A team that plays together:
We know that a cohesive team is a strong team, which is why we are committed to providing opportunities to enjoy each other’s company and celebrate our successes.
WANT TO JOIN US ?
Please provide sample resumes and work via email. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. Keep the file size to a maximum of 5MB. No phone calls please.
View your application history
Back to task list…